Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tea & Theatre

Recently I was a very lucky girl and somehow managed to get two great freebies through work. The first was a High Tea (my 4th for this year!) at Rubens Hotel across from Buckingham Palace the second was a ticket to see the Rambert Dance Company at Sadlers Wells. The best part of the freebies? They happened to fall on the same day.

We were shown around the Rubens Hotel which has some beautiful rooms - none of two are the same. We then headed into their main restaurant for high teaI had a fun afternoon sipping champagne and tea and feasting on scones, pastries and mini sandwiches before heading over to Angel where Sadlers Wells is located.



The Top 100 book recommends Sadlers Wells (Number 79) as one of the best places in London to see dance performances and I would have to say the recommendation is correct. The seats I were given were really great but I can imagine that pretty much anywhere in the venue is a good place to see. The venue has a few bars in the theatre itself as well as being handily located at Angel meaning there are lots of good places for dinner or drinks before hand. If I hadn't been so full from High Tea I would have made the most of them!

Rambert Dance Company performed three different dances all of which were really great. They were all contemporary dances with the first set in the rain forest and performed by old three dancers. The second called 'Seven For A Secret' involved a lot more dancers acting and dancing like children. The third was a dance number based around a street car named desire which was really interesting. It was great to get out and see a show that wasn't a musical or a ballet also good to tick something off my Top 100 without even trying! It also won't be my visit to Sadlers Wells because I am off to see the Nutcracker in January. I wonder if I get extra points for ticking of something twice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment