Friday, October 28, 2011

Bat Out Of Halloween

It's that time of the year again! The clocks are turning back, they afternoons are getting shorter, the air is getting colder and all of London is getting creepier - Halloween! Last year my Halloween was full of crazy costume parties dressed as crocodiles and witches so this year it was fun to do something a little different.

My Halloweekend started with work drinks on the Friday night which were Halloween themed. It was my teams turn to host the drinks so we went all out with decorations, themed food, costume competitions and of course our own costumes - corpse brides. We started getting ready at about 3.30pm because it took us at least 45 minutes to do our make up. It was worth it in the end though because I think we all looked pretty scary!





Thankfully, all the hard work wasn't just for work drinks and I went out after (yes I looked like that on the tube) to a club night in Kings Cross called Bat Out Of Halloween. It was a power ballads club night. Oh yeah. Passion fists, singing with your eyes closed, belting it out at the top of your lungs and playing air guitar - not just something you do at 4am in a lame nightclub - this was a whole club night dedicated to it. And it was so much fun!





I thought I knew a lot of power ballads (I mean I've spent my fair share of time in cheesy nightclubs) but man I was no match for this DJ. There were a few choice ones and good old classics -

The Voice - John Farnham,
Don't Stop Believing - Journey,
Where ever you will go - The Calling,
Its all coming back to me - Celine Dion

and my favourite

I will always love you - Whitney Houston

The rest of the night was spent drinking and dancing (as most of my weekend nights are spent really) and by the end of the night we all had horse throats and sore legs. Due to Kings Cross being North East and we living South West the night bus journey home was a bit of a mission and we ended up making our way through our door at about 4am. It then took me about half an hour to get my make up off so I wasn't ending up with 'skin rot' and black paint all over my pillow. The crappy thing about London is sometimes the journey home being so long but at the end of the day I'd rather have an awesome night out with a long journey home then just an average one nearby. And Power ballads was WELL worth it. I will definitely be brushing up on my lyric knowledge and air guitar skills before I head back!

No comments:

Post a Comment