Sunday, November 20, 2011

Aussie Music

While I'm not a massive muso one thing I can say that I love about London is the fact that there is always a gig on and unless your hitting up Rihanna at the 02 Arena most of them are relatively cheap. One of the best things about cheap gigs that recently I've had the chance to catch some great Aussie artists in smaller venues for a bargain.

My friend Katie asked me if I was interested in seeing Washington whom I had never heard of but apparently is taking Australia by storm. As the tickets were only £10 I thought why not? I could use a night out with the girls and I am always keen to hear new music so I went along and really enjoyed the show. The venue was amazing - The Bush Hall looks like a bit of a dodgy old pub from the outside but on the inside it looks gorgeous with chandeliers and antique cornices.

While we were there we saw a poster for Pete Murray who was playing the week later for only £15. As a massive fan of Pete from my younger days I was keen to check out another great Aussie artist. As always there was a support act before the show and I have to say that he nearly stole the show. James Jay Picton came on and started singing and I immediately thought he was a male Adele. Unfortunately his EP doesn't come out until next year but hopefully its not the last of him I see.



As the weeks lead up to Christmas my life seems to be getting a bit more hectic but after a few really good gigs I've already made a New Years Resolution to go to a few more in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment