Saturday, November 26, 2011

She's A Jolly Good Fellow

It wasn't even my birthday but I don't need an excuse to get involved in birthday shenanigans and this weekend just gone we had a big one celebrating my housemate Sam's 25th. The day started really well as one of the bonuses of living in the same house as the birthday girl is you are also treated to the birthday pancakes.

From there the day was really fun as we all managed to fit quite a lot in and the first thing was a surprise high tea at the Hilton. Was a great way to kick of the birthday drinks with champagne, tea, mini sandwiches and of course cakes!






Once we had our fill we headed over to the Natural History Museum where they had set up an ice rink. We met up with a few more of Sam's friends before they embarked on their hour of ice skating. Since my knee was still sore from my accident in Croatia I decided to skip the ice skating. Luckily for me so did Dan so we had a few drinks and were appointed photography duties. After everyone had finished ice skating it was our turn for a bit of fun and Dan, Sam, Lance and I all jumped on the carousel. It was so much fun to be a big kid again for a little while!






From there we headed off for a dinner at a Thai restaurant right by the river in Putney. It was the perfect setting for some good food, cheap drinks (yay for happy hours) and lots of chatting. After all the drinks we were ready to dance to we went down the road to Citizen Smith which is one of my favourite local bars. Not only do they do yummy cocktails but they play really good music so its the perfect place to carve up the dance floor.





There were so many good songs and lots of long island ice tea's (Citizen Smith specialty) it was time to call it a night. Was a great day of fun, food, drinking, celebration and shenanigans with lots of my favourite people. I hope that Sam had as much fun as I did on her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment