Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday Night Tennis Club

After bragging about how awesome I was at tennis on the weekend I had to try and prove my skills. A friend of mine from Topdeck, Amy, has been going to tennis coaching with a few of her friends every Wednesday and invited us along (which is how my drunken rant started by the way). So last Wednesday night I headed along and gave it a go.

For 7 pounds we get two hours of tennis coaching as a group which definitely helps my no so great tennis skills. It also helps me work off my 'Heathrow Injection' which is what they call that extra little bit of weight you put on when you arrive in London. All the pub meals, taste testing the beers and ciders and having the tube on your doorstep adds up to a few extra kilos and this was a really fun way to work it off and meet people.

Generally after working it all off the plan is to put it all back on again by heading out to dinner. Every week someone chooses somewhere different around the area. Last week we headed to an Indian restaurant where were we had a couple of beers and good chat over a really yummy and cheap meal. For 10 pounds we got a starter, main, side dish and rice (yet another reason for the Heathrow Injection! - cheap food). It was really good to be out meeting new people and doing something active. The next day I was aching but in a really good way. Unfortunately I couldn't go this week as I am saving my moola for Oktoberfest (yay!) but hopefully I can keep it up so that eventually my tennis skills match my drunken babbling!

No comments:

Post a Comment