Monday, September 20, 2010

Home Sweet Home

While all the partying and tennis playing of the last few weeks has been going on I had been crashing with friends for two weeks while I was trying to find a place to live. After a few dodgy viewings or finding a fantastic place and not getting it I was well and truly sick of sitting on gumtree and living out of a suitcase (yet again). Not to mention that while my friends were so lovely and kind as to let me crash I was starting to feel bad about invading their and their house mates space.

Luckily for me I found a room through a friend of a friend. I had been to dinner with a couple of people from the house and had been there for a house party so without even seeing the room I was like 'yup' count me in. Its literally down the road from where I was living and in the same kinda house which is great because I loved the area and liked having the space of a house rather then a flat. It was a cheap price which means more money for travel and exploring London but its not as dodgy as having a hole in my roof.

I am living with four kiwis so its good to have a bit in common as opposed to living with Egyptians who barely speak English. My roomies are really fun and friendly and I already feel at home here even though I have been here just a week. My room is as big as my last one and I finally have every girls dream - a wardrobe just for your shoes.

I think that now I am all sorted. I have a job (and going permanent in October - yay!), a good flat, gym membership, fantastic group of friends, future travel plans to Wales and Austria. I am such a grown up now! I couldn't be happier. Clearly being a millionaire would be an added bonus but I'm not fussy.

No comments:

Post a Comment