Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Let It Snow

Its SNOWING!!!!!!!!

I am so excited! More specifically because it happened just as I was leaving the house - just like in the movies. I couldn't keep the grin of my face. I have seen snow before when I've been skiing and while we were in Austria we had a bit of a light sprinkling but this was different. It was heavier and prettier and wonderful and ok I will stop gushing over precipitation but come on - for an Aussie in London this is one of the perks.

Locals say that I shouldn't get to excited and snow means delays with transport, wet feet, miserable days full of cloud and no daylight. But how can it be so crap when it really is so amazing. It makes everything prettier! And its sooooooo romantic! I just want a Colin Firth type character to come into my life and sweep me off my feet and kiss me in the snow. Ok so yes that is the end scene to Bridget Jones Diary but so what! I still want it to happen.

I want it to keep snowing and snowing so I can go to the park on the weekend and make snow angels, then build a snowman, then have a snow fight and then a hot chocolate and then start all over again. And after thats done I want to find a hill and go sledding and build an ice fort and ALL the stuff you see people do in the movies but you could never do because you live in a stupid place that is hot all the time. Ok I take that back Australia isn't stupid and I actually love our climate but in case you haven't noticed I am actually in LOVE with snow. Yep thats right ice particles have captured my heart.

These couple of photos don't really do it justice as it wasn't actually a massive snow fall that sticks but soon enough hopefully you will be seeing photos of a blanket of white and me running around like a mad person in it. Or wait for a blog entry ranting about how much I hate it? haha we will soon see. Sadly it doesn't seem like it will stick around but hopefully it happens again before Christmas and while we are in Austria.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am so so stoked at how much you love the glorious white fluffy stuff :)

Post a Comment