Monday, May 9, 2011

Race For Life - Update

So a few weeks ago I told you about the Monday Night Running Club and my attempt to get fit do 10k run in the Race for Life to raise money for cancer. I am pretty proud to say that I have been training semi-regularly and recently did my biggest run yet - 7.5k.

Now I know that isn't much considering many people do this is a warm up but trust me when I say that is the longest I have ever run in my life. It was good to know that I am on my way to reaching my goal. Sammy my housemate is training for an off road run so we got up early one Saturday (ew yuck) and went for a run through Wimbledon Common. It was good to be out in the park rather then pounding the pavement even if it was harder to run on such uneven surfaces and even up a few hills. While we were there we discovered a group of runners that meet every Saturday to do a 5k loop.

Its called Park Run and they are held all throughout the UK. You can register for free and download a barcode and they scan it as you run and every time you do it they time you and you can see how you progress and even work out your personal best. Me and Sammy signed up and hope to do it on a weekend soon (we have both been away at different times) so we can do the 5k loop and see if we can double it one day in our own time. So I am getting there slowly! The monday night runs have turned into random dates during the week - some mornings some nights but I usually at least go for one good run a week!

The only thing I haven't been doing is kick starting my fundraising. I thought since it was only a couple of months away and I have quite a target to reach - £100 I would start plugging away.

If you would like to donate please click here> Every little bit helps and it would be really appreciated not just by me but for those it goes to in the end.


Thanks guys! I will update you on my progress again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment