Monday, May 2, 2011

I Love Rock And Roll

"So put another dime in the jukebox baby"

I recently discovered that a couple of my friends from work lived close by (and by close I mean literally around the corner) to me in Southfields and since one of them had recently moved in they were throwing a 'Rock and Roll' themed house warming party.

As you know I love themed parties and was ready to rip up some stockings and throw on some eyeliner and bring out my rockstar alter ego. The girls came round earlier and we had a few pre drinks and a chat while we watched the Disney version of Cinderella (downloaded so we could compare it to the ballet the night before). Which isn't exactly party movie but was a good kick start to the night.

We were all getting ready and were trying to put together our costumes without ruining good clothes and sourcing things from others as none of us are particularly 'rock chic'. Luckily for us Laura is a make up artist and soon got to work giving Claire smokey eyes and me 'Jenny Humphrey' panda eyes to complete the look. Add flannel shirts and a skull T-shirt plus wavey 90's hair I was as close to rock chic as I will ever get.

The best part about pre drinking at mine was that it was about a 4 min walk to the party and we were already there and ready to rock and roll all night. We soon joined all the other rock and rollers is having jelly shots and copious amounts to drink. Thankfully we didn't actually behave like rockstars and trash the place (well not too bad I think) but it was a huge night!!

The worst part about the night was that in my hungover state I managed to delete all my photos off my camera. Many of which were actually hilarious shots of us being rockstars and many other crazy pictures. Thank god for Facebook I say so I have stolen a good one off my mates page so you guys can see what some of us looked like. Unluckily for you guys the only photo of me from the party on someone elses camera is absolutely heinous so you don't get to see my costume but you get the idea from the photo below!

No comments:

Post a Comment