Friday, July 23, 2010

Eurotrip Playlist

Here are a few of the songs that will forever and always remind me of my time in Europe. Hopefully in the years to come when they pop up on my Ipod or radio it will make me smile because it will remind me of that time when I was sailing the Greek islands or driving through the Swiss Alps.

Land Down Under - Men At Work
A must have on any Aussies Ipod while they are travelling but this is on the play list because I managed to hear it in about 5 or 6 different countries. The most random of them all was Croatia.

Evacuate The Dancefloor - Cascada
This song was played on a 'party bus' on my Topdeck tour. We were all pretty pissed and coming back from a night out at karaoke bar where they sold pitchers of cocktails. One of the girls on my tour thought that the lyrics 'evacuate the dance floor' was actually ' is that you on the dance floor'. I'll never sing the correct lyrics again.

I'll Be Ready - Jimi Jamison
Some people may recognise this as the Baywatch theme song. On our Topdeck bus this was our wake up song. Every time we had to stop at a service stop or get off at our destination our trip leader would play this song so everyone knew to wake up. It was crazy effective! You would be sitting on the bus and everyone around you would be completely zonked out and after about the first three bars of the song people were wide awake. For the rest of my life it will always make me need to use the bathroom because service stops = toilet breaks.

Don't Stop Believing - Glee Cast
I'm not going to pretend I was into this song before the Glee version but yes its a cover of the Journey song. As avid lovers of Glee me and Caroline would always listen to that play list while we were bumming around or to cheer us up and this song was always the first one so it got the most plays. It was also a recurring song on my Ipod and on several bus drivers play lists along the way.

Dark Blue - Jacks Mannequin
This song was put on my Ipod by a friend and for some reason it just stuck so would get a few repeat plays and ended up on a few on the go play lists.

Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
This song was just on EVERYWHERE. There were also a few Gaga fans on my Topdeck bus and we bonded over our love of this song and Telephone which was always on everywhere at the same time.

Parlez Vous Francais? - Art Vs. Science
"The Champs Elysees is a busy street, we getting down with everyone we meet". On my first night in Paris we did a driving tour of Paris and we drove down the Champs Elysees and our tour leader played this song. It also helped me remember how to say 'Do you speak English?' as I would always sing in my head 'palez vous anglias?' to the tune of this song.

Loyal - Dave Dobbyn
My lovely kiwi girls introduced me to this song/drinking game. In the song the word 'loyal' is said 36 times so when you listen to it every time you hear it you take a sip. It is in there so frequently that you are lucky if you have swallowed one sip by the time you need to take the next. You also need an extremely large drink - when we played I ran out halfway through.

The Call - Backstreet Boys
When we were in Pamplona the guy in the tent next to us had bought his guitar with him and would regularly bust out some tunes. One afternoon after the Sangria party we were back at our tent and he started playing us a Backstreet Boys song. I think it was maybe - I Want It That Way or something old school and ballady. He played and sung it the whole way through and Amanda and I were like 'wow omg we love the backstreet boys! play us another one' so he started to play us another one. Neither of us had heard it and after a few seconds he was like 'Umm... Its 'The Call' and we stood there shaking our heads and he then said 'WHAT? You said you LOVED the Backstreet Boys. YOUR NOT TRUE FANS!!' and then stormed off. It was hilarious. The next day we reminded him of that and he had no recollection of the entire thing.

I'm On A Boat - The Lonely Island
I'm on a boat - everyone look at me cuz I'm sailing boat. Pretty much in my head for the whole three days we were sailing in Greece.

Oh My God You Guys - Legally Blonde Musical
This song is the opening song to Legally Blonde the Musical which was Carolines birthday treat while we were in London. The whole musical is great with lots of fun songs like this one but this one was definitely my favourite. The best line is 'oh my god oh my god you guys, All this week I've had butterflies, every time he looks at me its totally proposal eyes.oh my god you guys'.

Holiday - Dizzie Rascal
'Get your passport, and your bikini - you want a holiday, come see me'. Well this one is self explanatory but it definitely got a lot of plays during my time in France and Spain because I loved the lyrics about lying on a beach drinking, getting a suntan and partying. Pretty much became my theme song for three weeks. Ok, it still is my theme song.

Whenever, Wherever - Shakira
Except the Spanish version. We were out watching the world cup semi-final in Pamplona and they had a bit of a dance floor going on after the game and they started playing this song. Needless to say after about 10 hours of drinking we were all doing our best Shakira belly dance impressions and screaming the English words over the Spanish words.

California Gurls - Katy Perry Ft Snoop Dog
This song is dedicated to Morgan and Danielle - the girls I met from California. Caroline and I met them in Amsterdam and they soon became our best travel buddies. They are the kind of girls that I love and hopefully in the future I can visit them over in San Francisco where they live. Until then every time I hear this song it will remind me of them.

Life Is A Highway - Tom Cochrane

On the days where we drove between countries our tour leader would play as the first song of the day.

I Like Big Butts - Sir Mix-A-Lot
One night while lying in our beds me and one of my roomies just had a bit of a rap off to this. The funniest part was immediately after the rap off we just went straight to sleep - no goodnight or anything just the last few lines of 'Baby got back' then snoring.

Stand By Me - John Lennon
This was the song that my cousin and her new husband had their first dance to at the big Irish wedding.

Mr Brightside - The Killers
This song is on every play list I ever make as it is possibly my all time favourite song. That doesn't change when I'm in Europe.

Too Many Dicks (On The Dance Floor) - Flight of The Concords
When we went clubbing in Tours there were literally about 2 girls on the dance floor and about 15 guys. Me and the people I was there with started singing this song as it was the biggest sausagefest you have ever seen.

Wavin' Flag - K'naan
This is the official song for the Football World Cup and it was played before or after or during every world cup game I watched along the way.

Stereo Love - Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina

This song was always on... must have just come out as I got overseas but I never knew the name of it. While I was in Pamplona I was talking to this girl about songs of Europe trip and she was like "there is this one song, but I dont know the name of it and it sort of goes like *hummed a tune*, sort of like accordians???" and I was like "omg! I know which one it is but I have NO idea what its called!!!". I'm glad someone else felt my pain. It was only after a bit of investigation once I got back to London that I finally found out what it was called.

1 comment:

Benny said...

This is a very impressive list of musical genius that seems to cover every occasion and event possible lol love it!!

Post a Comment