Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stag Do


I think it shows that I'm finally growing up when friends of mine start getting married and this weekend just gone I went to my very first Hens party. It actually turned into more of a 'Stag' do the hen not wanting a traditional kind of do.

We first gathered at Soho Hotel where we sipped champagne and cocktails while we feasted on high tea. We played a few party games about the bride and groom while getting to know each other. From there it was onto a cocktail bar for happy hour where we got into the serious business of kicking off the party. By this stage all the relatives and oldies had gone home so we were free to do some tequila shots!

The shots were a part of the dutch courage we needed before heading over to Lucky Voice karaoke for a couple of hours of shenanigans. This part of the night was a surprise to Julia (the hen) and we were a little worried it would be hard to get her to sing but as soon as we got there she was lining up her song choice and grabbing the mike.

The karaoke place was great as we had our own little private room where you could create a long playlist and all dance around and sing. The room also came with a handy dress up box with blow up guitar and hats and wigs. The best part was a little button you could press to call the waitress for more drinks. A few more bottles of prosecco and we sung the night away.

From there it was on to a club where the party continued and I had had a great time with the girls singing and dancing and having fun. It was only my first hen's night but I would have to say it was a great one and if they are all going to be as much then then I hope more of my friends will get married soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment