Sunday, February 5, 2012

Powder


Since I spent my Christmas at home I was a bit sad to be missing the most likely time for it to snow but luckily for me the cold snap hit later then last year and in the first week in February we got some snow!

It first started snowing on Saturday night as Lauren and I were heading to the cinema and while it is pretty when it drops down I was a bit worried it wasn't going to stick. Thankfully after we came out of the cinema the ground was covered in the glorious white stuff and it looked like it was sticking.

I was so excited I almost wasn't able to sleep and as soon as I woke up the next morning I got ready in all my layers, puffa jacket, snow boots and woolen accessories I was all geared up for some snowy play time. I was too excited I even forgot to take the sled. I ended up meeting Lauren, Ainsley, Dan, Katie and Laura up at Wimbledon Common and soon got stuck into snowman building, snow ball fights and snow angels.





It was so much fun being a big kid and playing in the snow but the worst part about this is the transport pretty much shuts down.
I had plans on the other side of London but due to transport issues it would take hours. Although I was bummed to miss out on the original plans the substitute wasn't so bad either. We found a great new pub in Wimbledon and settled down in the warmth for a Sunday lunch and a cider.

It was glad that the snow happened on a weekend so I had the chance to go and play in it. The snow was so fleeting it only happened for the weekend but I was at least glad that we got a little bit and I didn't miss out while I was away.

No comments:

Post a Comment