Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Family Dinner

I have often referred to my Topdeck friends as my London family because I guess thats exactly what they are. They are the ones who took me in while I was couch surfing, who listen to my whinging, cheer me up when I am sad and homesick, cook me dinners and give advice as well as basically just having fun and hanging out. We've had a few family dinners along the way and even a family trip to Scotland. For Christmas as many of us are orphans (with out our Mums and Dads who are at home in Oz or NZ) so we are going as a family to Salzburg in Austria to cuddle up next to a fireplace while it snows outside.



Since leaving each other to go out separate ways in May of this year there hasn't been one night where we all the Topdeckers living in London have been back together until last Tuesday when we had a dinner all together. Amy and Charlie had ended up flatting together so it seemed wise to have a potluck dinner at the 'Topdeck clubhouse'. We all brought around a meal and got straight down to chatting and drinking. With a feast layed out before us of all the different meals we spent the night all catching up on each others goss and planning our trip at Christmas. We will be missing Amy at Christmas as she is off on an adventure to the states but it will still be a great holiday surrounded by friends. I am really looking forward to the time away and I am really happy to be spending it with such good friends. These guys have made the adjustment into life in London a lot easier and I am lucky to already have such a great group of friends a few months into my London adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment