Saturday, July 16, 2011

Run Bronnie Run

A little while I ago I posted about the Monday Night Running Club and an update on my Race for Life progress. Between now and then I have hurt my knee resulting in a month off training and also had visitors, a new job, a trip to Glastonbury and basically just a London Summer to contend with so my training for my run had been pretty intermittent.

Since some very generous people had sponsored me and I had committed to it I was up bright and early on the day and met up with Sam and Shea and gave it a go! I am proud to say that I completed the whole 10k run without stopping in 1hour and 7minutes. My aim was to complete it in under 1 hour but considering I hadn't done much training I was still really happy with this time. I also managed to beat my target of fundraising £100 with a total of £15 due to the generosity of my friends and family.






Since then I have decided that running really isn't so hard and I really have no excuse to stop trying to go further and improve. I have now signed up for the Men's Health Survival of the Fittest in November with three of my housemates. This one will be even more challenging as it includes an obstacle every 1km but I am determined to give it my best go! I also have my sights set on a half marathon in March so I will keep you updated on how I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment