Sunday, April 4, 2010

Where My Heart Is Now

Home is where the heart is. Currently my heart is residing with me in Brisbane, Australia but that is all going to change in about 3 hours when I fly off on a four month backpacking adventure around Europe followed by an indefinate stay in England (hopefully london).

Inspired by my friends blog* I thought this would be a good way to keep everyone back home updated on where I am and what I am doing. Its also going to give me a way of keeping track of my adventures in London so that one day I can look back and go 'wow I can't believe I actually did that!'.

Those of you who know me know that I have a passion for travel. Since my first time overseas when I was seven I have loved exploring the world and finding new things to experience. I love the different cultures, trying new food (although I still dont think I'll ever like olives), different atmospheres, beautiful old buildings, meeting new people, collecting knick nacks from everywhere I go and writing postcards home to missed loved ones.

I was lucky enough to visit Europe for a short time a few years ago and since then have wanted to go back and explore. This is my chance! This adventure is going to change my life... I just know it. This could be everything I have ever wanted and its at my fingertips. I'm not sure if my words are doing any justice to how excited I am. Im practically jumping out of my skin!

So, for now I say goodbye to my home and my friends and jet off to discover the world. Im not sure when I'll next be blogging but hopefully by then I will already have some exciting stories to tell.

* Thanks to sophie for helping me set this up otherwise it would be a boring thing to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment