Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hello 2011...

2010 was a pretty mean year for me. Visited 21 countries and saw some amazing things, met some incredible people and created memories that will last a lifetime. To be honest I was kind of sorry to see it end because it seems like nothing will beat it. I guess we will soon see how we go but so far 2011 is shaping up to be a good year.

After such an amazing Christmas I was feeling a bit worse for wear with a bad flu and cough. I hibernated for a few days before heading down to Hawkesbury Upton for New Years with some friends. It was good to get down there and catch up with people who I hadn't seen in months. We swapped pressies for Christmas and caught up on all the goss before I was treated to a yummy roast dinner.

I thought going down to the village for New Years would mean I had a nice quiet time with a few drinks and some laughs. I should know better. The drinking started early and continued into the wee hours of the morning. Don't ask me what I was doing when the clock struck 12 because I couldn't tell you. All I know is I had heaps of fun and I am glad that I could sleep in and wake up to a cooked breakfast in the morning - rather then having to look after myself.







The next day after a quick cooked brekky and a cup of tea to try and rid our hangovers we headed off to the Cheltenham Races. I was pretty excited about the races because at home they are usually really fun affairs where you dress up and drink lots and do everything else other then looking at the horses. Here they are actually about the horses and less about the outfits. I mean the outfits were still awesome - tweed caps and coats, wellingtons, sweaters and mac's. Basically the English countryside sort of scene. It just wasn't teeny tiny dresses, killer heels and fake fans.

The horse races are the cross country ones with little jumps in the track which was also interesting to watch. We put on a quick bet, grabbed a drink and headed down to watch the race. Unfortunately the first race was a bit of a disaster with one of the horsey's breaking its leg :(. Gutted. That sort of put a downer on the day - well that and my headache hangover. It was still a good day out and I spent heaps of time just checking out the talent - both the boys and the girls outfits.



The next couple of days I just hung out down at the village relaxing, reading and basically just chilling out. It was soooooooooooo needed after a hectic festive season. I was also having a big week coming up because my sister Ali is over for a visit! yay!

Her visit was so hectic and fun filled it deserves its own separate post but let me tell you that from the few days that have been 2011 I have managed to pack a lot in. Also managed to book two trips away to Portugal and Ireland so keep and eye out for those stories too. Bring on the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment