Monday, January 17, 2011

Good Wholesome Fun

The past few weeks (and by that I mean months) have been pretty hectic so it was decided that this weekend instead of burning the candle at boths ends (working and socializing non stop from Friday to Sunday) I was going to have a good wholesome weekend doing a whole lot of nothing.

It started off pretty well with me skipping after work drinks to come straight home, have vegetable soup for dinner and watch some tv with my flatties. I even said no to a couple of glasses of wine and apple pie with ice cream. To top it off I was in bed by 9.30 ready for a good nights sleep before work. How is that for a wholesome start to the weekend?

Up bright and early to head to the cafe for work I was still exhausted but at least I wasn't hungover! Work went quickly and soon enough I was home chilling in my lounge room again. BUT... then I got a text message. From Leanne asking if I was keen for dinner and drinks at her house before heading out for Arrons birthday. Sorry to say I wasn't as strong as I was on Friday and I headed over and cracked open the wine. The night soon turned from a few drinks at Leannes house to drinks in a pub out on the high street. Meeting up with other mates and carving up the dance floor. Add in a random detour by a friends house for more drinks followed by three night buses home and me getting in the door at 3.30am. Didn't even get to see the birthday boy but had a really good night!

The next day me and my Pulborough crew headed on a family day out to Kew Gardens which are the Royal Botanic Gardens over at Richmond. We got in half price as a two for one deal and started to have a look around. It probably wasn't the best day to go as it was drizzly and probably not the best time of year as many of the trees had lost their leaves and there weren't lots of flowers out. I imagined it to be similar to our botanic gardens at home which are chockers full of trees and plants and paths but this 'garden' was more like just one big park.








There were a few things around to do such as a massive green house type of thing that had heaps of different plans from all over the world. There was a walkway up the top so you could look down into the trees and the plants which was quite good. They also a marine display underneath so we got to go check out some freaky looking fish.





After that we headed off to the tree top walk which looked good in theory but once we got up we realised it wasn't exactly sturdy. It shook when the wind blew and if you weren't careful some of the metal would buckle under your weight. eeeep!! Too many desserts over Christmas.



After a couple of hours and a LOT of walking we were slightly over the gardens and decided to hit the pub for a yummy pub meal and to warm up a little. It was a pretty good way to spend an afternoon and it was good to get out and about. Some good wholesome fun in the fresh air!

p.s Thanks to Sammy G for some of my photos

No comments:

Post a Comment