Sunday, December 5, 2010

Its Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

The snow has settled in (much to my delight!) and the beginning of December means that the Christmas festivities have well and truly started.

Thursday night we headed down to Trafalgar Square after work to see the Christmas lights turned on for the GIANT Christmas tree that is placed there for the city. Every year Norway gives London a tree to thank them for their help in the war. There is a ceremony in Oslo when it is cut down and it is then transported to London where we have a ceremony when it is put up and the lights are turned on.

It was quite a quick presentation with a couple of speeches by the Mayor of Westminster and a Representative from Norway. Throw in a few Christmas carols played by a brass band and you have yourself a fun little event to get you in the Christmassy mood. After watching the ceremony and grabbing a few happy snaps we headed off down to the pub to get warm and grab a good meal. When its snowy and cold its quite easy to go into hibernation and little nights out like these can really remind you how much fun London can be.




I'm still not over the snow! In fact I am loving it even more since we got to go home early from work due to snow causing delays with the transport. YAY! Snow day! Since the snow hasn't really affected my travel at all I had a great afternoon finishing my Christmas shopping and lazing around at home. It was a bit lonely at work this week with half the office unable to get in but if I had the choice of playing in the snow or working I know what I would be doing!

By the way - snowball fights are the most fun! I really need to improve my aim as I missed everyone almost every time but I am sure that I will get better as I am sure there will be lots more snow fights on the way. Especially with the beautiful snow like in the photos below!


No comments:

Post a Comment