Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Empty Orchestra

Karaoke is Japanese for Empty Orchestra (well apparently - I did get that definition off a TV show but anyway) and a couple of Friday nights ago I went to my first ever Karaoke Nigh with the Pulborough Crew and a few other mates. Lance had been to Bloomsbury Bowling before with his work mates and he raved about it for ages so he planned a night and there were 15 of us that went for a night of bowling and karaoke.

After a few drinks with my work girls first I headed along already slightly tipsy and got into the ciders when I got there. I am not sure if that hindered my bowling skills at all but I was TERRIBLE. I think my score was about 50? I would average about 3 or 4 pins a go, followed by a few gutterballs and I somehow managed a strike. I wish they would let us have bumper bars! I was just happy that I didn't come last. After an hour of bowling (just enough time for one game) we went into a Karaoke room that was just for the group (thank god!) and the singing got underway.







Siobhan is a bit of a fan of Karaoke and already has her choice songs so we were treated to Valerie and Tiny Dancer. I chose Smile by Lily Allen and made a complete mess of it. I'm pretty sure people were covering their ears as I know for sure all the drinking didn't help my singing ability although it certainly helped with a confidence boost to take over the microphone! The boys even got involed with Matt singing No Woman No Cry and Lance having a go at Gansters Paradise.




In the end it was a free for all and everyone was having a go and all getting involved. The girls sang the Spice Girls - Stop and S Club 7's - Bring it All Back including all the dance moves (I think this was much to the boys dismay) and we were all just singing along to every song that came on before the night abruptly ended when our session finished mid song.

Unfortunately we had JUST missed the last tube home so we had to mission it back home on two night buses and we couldn't even by any roadies because all the bottle shops had closed. We came back to our house for a couple of night caps before I went to bed at ... errr god knows when.

Overall a fantastic night out and I think I have a new addiction to karaoke but not so much the bowling!

No comments:

Post a Comment